Thursday, January 22, 2009

Surfer Dudes

Yesterday (Wednesday, Jan. 21) was about as good as this series of cold days will get for surfing conditions. These shots were taken about 3PM, so the sun was where I wanted it. The results are a mild disappointment, but sort of what I had in mind.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The water was rough, but the surfers still got a fairly gentle ride without much spray. Nuts! I'm sure that they were more disappointed than I was.

BTW, some of these Surfer Dudes are, shall I say, "mature", and not slight of build.

Bob

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael Harris Photography said...

Bob, boy have you been busy and doing a great job to boot. Having two surfer dude sons I've been working on surfing fotos for a while. I've not gotten any good surfer silhouette pics, what did work for me was early PM light shooting east and high shutter speed to stop action. I got as high up as I could about 50 ft. That helped make the wave bigger and seemed to separate the wave curve. My boys are pushing for some in water shots, I don't think thats going to happen...

January 23, 2009 at 4:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home