Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Follow-up

Well, yesterday WAS breezy at the beach, so this is my first try with the silhouetted surfer.

Photobucket

Photobucket

This was the only active surfer. This afternoon is supposed to have even more wind, so I'll try again with a modification. If the surfer(s) in the same area, I'll move a couple of hundred yards to my left. The sun will be directly behind the subject, and I'll be a little closer. That should really get the shutter speed up, and hopefully freeze spray, which should sparkle in the back light. Sounds good anyway.

Here is one more disappointment. I shot the North Jetty Fish Camp at high noon. I got 3 shots bracketed at one stop for exposure. Then I went through the Photoshop HDR drill.

Photobucket

Photobucket

To me, the result is no better that regular aggressive Photoshop processing. Perhaps the dynamic range was not as great as I thought. Sometime I'll try this again with an indoor shot - bright sun streaming through a window, with other parts of the room in deep shadow.

Hey, I just realized that this is the last post of my first month blogging! Haven't missed a day yet.

Bob

1 Comments:

Blogger Fred said...

Bob,
I love the action shot with the waves rushing over the subject. Great going.

January 21, 2009 at 10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home